Age of Valor
login.php?sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716 profile.php?mode=register&sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716 faq.php?sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716 memberlist.php?sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716 search.php?sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716 index.php?sid=25eb26b07b6dd05d4cf2e4f445742716
Site Links: Home :: Donate :: Features :: Connection Guide

Age of Valor Forum Index » General Age of Valor Discussion » player vendors
player vendors
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:44 am Reply with quote
Lumpy Pickle

I'm curious if making player vendors obsolete is an option and coming up with a auction house. I truely miss playing uo all the time and I am trying to come up with fresh new ideas to draw people.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:48 am Reply with quote
Shanks

Simply making this server accesible to the latest client + voting will make this server desirable, people love ML type servers with stability and some QoL and custom content.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 am Reply with quote
Lumpy Pickle

I know i used to love coming to sunday auctions on private servers where they sold custom deco and things nothing that changed the game play just made it more fun.
I'd love to help in anyway i could voting is only affective if people are playing here and new players dont struggle to start out
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:56 am Reply with quote
Red Squirrel
AoV Owner

An auction type system is something that's crossed my mind. I don't have any immediate plans but it's something that would be really neat to do. I would probably look at making it web based.

As for client, I am sticking to the one available for download here. The problem with updating is that it's a constant battle trying to keep up with EA's packet changes and becomes a full time job, our server is so custom it's more involved than just going to RunUO/ServUO and looking at their code. It involves a lot of reverse engineering. I may still do it at some point, but it's not something that's officially planned. Just keep a separate install for AoV and you can pick it in Razor.

The amount of effort needed to keep the client up to date can go towards actual content instead.

my blog

Honk if you love Jesus, text if you want to meet Him!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Shanks

While i do and don't disagree with you Red, I will say this.
I've played AoV for close to its entirety since launch, this server is highly based on group play & rightfully so, It's super fun when you have a small guild or some other players to play with. Whilst I understand your trouble with packet changes & also with time to actually work on that sort of stuff. I do urge you to please spend more freetime working towards the client updates. Anyone who has played AoV will tell you that the only thing holding them back from playing full time again is lack of playerbase, Again this isn't a post aimed at telling you how to run the server or where the server should be headed just a vet wanting to see new faces pop up is all.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Death
AoV Administrator

I like the idea of an auction system. I've played on servers where they've had this and it was quite enjoyable and easy to use.

I also toyed around with the idea of gypsy caravans as well as a black market that would randomly appear around the lands. The NPCs there would have limited stock of certain items such as commodities or rare items such as artifacts and they would only stick around for a short period of time.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:52 am Reply with quote
Lumpy Pickle

that sounds fun i just want a player base agian so i can run stuff with people i really miss those days
player vendors
Age of Valor Forum Index » General Age of Valor Discussion